March 28, 2009

The Perfect Wife/Mother

What makes the perfect wife and mother? Many of us struggle with a preconceived notion that we are to be perfect in order to have happy homes. We strain ourselves and become stressed over trivial tasks that cause tension and an overworked, tired mom and wife. How many times have husbands come home to a spotless house only to find his wife is too tired to ask how was his day was or spend "intimate" time with him? Or when we are so busy creating a perfect home that we end up being irritated by the very sounds of children that once brought joy, and messes that come with them? And how many of us have put off homemaking to blog or surf the internet?




We must tear down these strongholds that the devil has sent to destroy the christian family. God "does not" require perfection, only to lean on Him in times of weakness. He is the glue that holds families together, not an immaculate dish or unstained furniture. We must put God ahead of our imperfections and just show love to our families, the way "we" know how. One may show love, by putting off doing dishes til tomorrow, to play in the mud with her children. Another may have her children spend the weekend with grandma to have a date with her husband. Still other moms may rise early to have devotions with our Lord in order to be a blessing to her family. While another may prepare a nutritious meal from scratch, while frozed nuggets is someone else's choice. The only thing we must do is create "our" own happiness that matches "our" family!

Don't ever doubt your ability to love, cherish, provide, and nurture your family! Whatever area you may feel needs attention, pray that God shows up in your life and gives you the strength to excel. Start little at a time to improve any areas you feel needs improving, and not areas that you feel you "ought to be great at. Remember the word of God in your heart.



Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me

Psalms 18:32 It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.

Psalms 25:4 &5 Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Thanks for your post. What a great reminder to keep first things first!

Donalacasa said...

Excellent reminder. Thank you for sharing it!

Deb said...

I'm very guilty of getting caught up in the "have to's" and letting the most precious things in my life fall by the wayside--my Savior, DH and my two teens. Thanks for the reminder that I need to focus on the things that will truly matter.
Blesings!!
Deb

Rina said...

I really enjoy reading through your blog and I especially loved this post. That was a much needed reminder.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I only post what I struggle with myself in hopes that others can relate and find comfort knowing others are going through it too.