March 9, 2009

Growing a New Beginning

My family and we have just suffered through one of many storms. If you are a christian family, then you know that the devil wants more than anything to destroy it. Love is the one thing that can hold my family together through anything. No matter what life throws at us we can cling to the love we have as a family to make it over anything!

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:3-5


Love can manifest itself in many ways. I am helping my family by being strong in my role that God has assigned for my life. Whenever we face a storm, I like to keep us calm by continuing with our routine. This keeps us focused on things most important. for example: Friday=game night, Saturday=movie night, Monday=story night, Thursday=bible study night, etc. My children have a sence of calm from the comfort of our family and our fun nights. My husband is kept calm by knowing that we are still smiling and having fun as a family.

Another way I show love, is when I provide services for my family. When I cook meals with love, they can tell and feel the love I took in preparing those meals. When our home is clean, they feel love through my works. It helps create a calm, safe haven for them. Plus, when I'm nervous or upset, I just clean like crazy! I love it because, I so much calmer after and my house looks great.

I offer plenty of hugs, kisses, and encouragements when we are facing a storm. Even my husband feels better after plenty of hugs and kisses. And the big one is prayer. I turn into a prayer warrior during storms. We pray together as a family, then my husband and I pray, then I pray alone. This has been a great help with our walk through trials.

One thing that we did was create a garden as a family. It was so fun! The babies got so muddy and wet, but were smiling. My kids loved playing in dirt and planting seeds. We planted onions, peppers, tomatoes, etc.. I can't wait to see the fruit of our labor of love grow into a harvest. This garden symbolized our new beginning as a family and growing a bright future together.










Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

6 comments:

LAURIE said...

What great ideas you have shared with us today over AT THE WELL. Hugs and kisses - there can never be enough of those :) -Laurie

Laurie Ann said...

Love truly does bind everything together in unity, doesn't it? Awesome post! Thanks for gathering with us at the well today!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I'm so glad I found you ladies at the well. Beautiful idea!

Muthering Heights said...

A family garden sounds like a GREAT way to bond! They will have so much fun!

Angela said...

What a beautiful post. Thanks so much for sharing so many truths to help us..Proverbs 27:17 really spoke to me through your post beloved one...

CristyLynn said...

We continue to pray for your family. Praising God for the love that you are able to show to them and by that be such an example of God's grace!