March 5, 2009

Broken Hearted

My home has just been torn apart. My heart is aching not only for me but for my husband and children as well. My two older children are actually my husband's girls from a previous marriage. They didn't come home from school today and when Michael went up to the school, we found out that their bio mom checked them out early. We were crushed at the fact that she would do this to us after abandoning them at age nine and ten years old. But that the girls at thirteen and twelve didn't call and tell us that's what they decided to do. We did not have legal custody because she just left them and never came back. We've had no contact from her for the last three and a half years. Then she goes to school and gets them and no one bothered to tell us. My children are upset to tears and my husband is a emotional wreck. He doesn't want to fight because he says that the girls are old enough to decide where they want to live. My world has just crumbled around me. I have no idea how we're going to bounce back from this.
Imagine if your step kids just didn't come home from school one day. They didn't pick up their little sister, so I was frantic going from school to school looking for them. I found my middle girl still at school but the older ones were not at their middle school. Finally my husband went up to the school and the office advised them that their mother came and took checked them out.
Now, I'm picking up the pieces from being a family of nine to a family of seven. I just pray that God sees our family through this and heals all of our hearts. We really have grown together as a family and have come to love one another. Please keep us in you're prayers!
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet
Post a Comment