March 4, 2009

My blesses from little messes

Right now I am in a sea of cereal, blocks, and "toot toot chugga chugga big red car" playing in the background. My two babies ages 1 and 2 are insisting on cereal from a bedtime snack. Luckily, I don't sweat the small stuff. I've come to love having constant ramblings and such around the house. It's kinda fun actually. I get plenty of help, even though they make a bigger mess with little hand prints everywhere. I get lots of attention, especially when I'm trying to take a bath and all of a sudden a naked baby is standing there wanting to get in. And I'm constantly learning something, because someone has a report due every week it seems.

I've learn to take time and smell the dirty diapers. I know all too well from my older ones that they grow up so fast. Then you're left wondering where did the time go? But, we are so blessed to have such a full house. Although I sometimes feel like the old woman who lived in a shoe, I'm happy!

My fashion has been reduced to what doesn't have spit up on it. A cute purse that matches every outfit has been replaced with an all purpose diaper bags. Stiletto who? not running after two toddlers. My nails look like I've been playing in sand and I probably have. An avid reader of literature, now gives way to "one fish two fish red fish blue fish." I still find time to date my hubby. We go out on a date once a week for dinner. This is the only time I get hot food and get to actually (dare I say)chew it. I am MOM hear me roar!!! I even have the battle scars to prove it from my c-section. But I wouldn't have it any other way!!

M= my oh my what a mess
O= one bite of food before someone wants seconds
T= tell your daddy
H= how did a paci get in there
E= everything to everybody (chef,maid,teacher,judge,etc.)
R= row row row your boat for the thousandth time

Motherhood is the BEST job in the world!!


Here is what I was talking about, My babies dancing to Wiggles...

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

2 comments:

Joyce said...

This is a sweet post that I really appreciate. How right you are that those sweet babies grow up all too fast.

I read the post about your two older girls, and am so sorry. Wait a while. The girls will remember your love.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thanks so much for you're encouragement. We really have to learn to adjust to our new family, but God is good!