March 2, 2009

Prayer/Fasting Week

I've been inspired by the Holy Spirit to begin a week of fasting and prayer from March 2 - March 8. I'm taking time to get back in close intimate relationship with Him. I've been feeling distant, like I was missing something in my life. I finally realized that it was my soul grieving for the comfort and companionship of God. I've been getting so preoccupied with everything that my fellowship with Him has been lacking in my life. I'm working on an entire week devoted to prayer and fasting to feel His presence even stronger in my life. Since I haven't done a fast in a while. I'll just fast until noon daily until the week is up.





I encourage any ladies that want to join me please feel free. Maybe you are only able to participate in a few days. But some time with Him is always a great experience. I'm devoted to lifting up any ladies who need prayer. My family in Christ is just as important to me as my natural family. So, I thank you in advance for the encouragement and prayers of those of you that are entering into this week along with me.





For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18:20

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Good evening! Thanks so much for visiting my blog during the Titus 2 Blog party! I wish that I could meet you in person. It is always a joy to meet another Christian lady who loves her husband, and loves her children. <3

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thank you so much! You're right finding like minded ladies is hard in this day and time. I do thank God that I'm able to meet so many through the blog world.

Melissa G said...

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to introduce yourself. It's nice to met you! You have a lovely blog.

You have a beautiful family. I'm looking forward to reading more and getting to know you better.