April 28, 2009

Basic Cooking Tips

I learned to cook from my mother, which didn't require the same measurement system because she's "old school." She'd kill me if she read that..lol But she is an excellent cook. I tell her all the time, "You put your foot in it!" (old southern saying) But when I wanted to venture out and try new recipes, I was lost. I found the internet to be very helpful in helping me get started. So here are a few online tools I used to help get me on my way.




Basic Cooking Lessons

Cooking and Baking

Cooking Terms

Measurement Abbreviations

allrecipes.com
(look up recipes by ingredients)

kraftfoods.com
(fast easy recipes)

familyfun.go.com
(fun recipes for kids)

I really hope that these sites help!!

I would like to post my favorite salad recipe for A Heart for Home's blog carnival.

Nacho salad4lbs ground beef
taco seasoning
nachos
cheese
lettuce
tomatoes

ground beef with taco seasoning, add water for more moisture(if you wish), cover nachos with beef, met cheese melt over hot beef, add lettuce and tomatoes...enjoy!


Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

2 comments:

Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

Thanks for contributing your Nacho Salad to our A Slew of Summer Salads Carnival. It sounds delicious.

I just realized the button from our post wasn't working properly. We've corrected it and it's working now. If you could please change the button in your post, we'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Allyson

annies home said...

easy and quick salad nothing better