May 1, 2009

My pregnancy confirmed Christ's love


My little angel has turned one, and I often wonder, where has the time gone? I look at her toddling around the house, so full of life and I hate to admit it, I wish she wouldn't have grown up so soon. I still miss having her in my belly close to my heart at all times. Sure, it had it's uncomfortable moments, but for the most part I really enjoyed it.
To me, being pregnant was the ultimate form of femininity I had ever experienced. I had never felt so soft, so gentle, so vulnerable in all my life. I was a tomboy most of my days so, this was a pleasant surprise for me.
God, knew exactly how to reach me and how to bring out my softer side. I had never seen Michael look at me, the way he did when, I was pregnant with his baby. He said I was a constant glow and I made his life have more meaning. I represented to him, all that a man was suppose to have in his life. A wife, family, love. AWWW he can be so sweet! But this I knew already. I could feel myself glowing all the time. I felt so beautiful, even with my bulging belly. And the fact that Michael was attentive to me, during my pregnancy made it just that much more special.
For the first time in my life, I felt the true nature of submission. I could actually feel Michael's protection, his devotion, his leadership, and his purest love for me. And I realized, this is what the scripture meant for my life when it stated, Husbands, love your wives, as loved the church and died for her. Suddenly it all made sense. We are to be cared for, provided for, and spiritually guided by our husbands, love for us as the weaker vessel.
This is not to say that women of God are weak, I just have different strengths, than he does. So, after hearing the spirit of my Lord, I'm more than willing to keep up my end of that same scripture in Ephesians 5:21-25
Yes, my little one represents so much more than a new life for me, she represents a time when I finally got what God has been saying to me in His word all along. And I am eternally grateful to Christ for using such a beautiful experience such as my pregnancy to teach me about His love.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

3 comments:

daniele @ domestic serenity said...

what a beautifully written post about such a wonderful memory. thanks for sharing.

LaSandra said...

Wow. Seeing pregnancy as the "ultimate form of femininity" that is profound. I am going to keep that in mind.

Muthering Heights said...

That is such a lovely pregnancy post! It truly is a blessing. :)