May 29, 2009

Freedom

Once you accept Jesus in your heart, the enemy immediately despises you. The devil hates us and will stop at nothing to make a mockery out of the followers of Christ. Just when you think it couldn't get any worse, it gets worse. That's because being washed in the blood we are walking targets for the devil's hatred.

The enemy cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
John 10:10


You will be attacked constantly until you die. When I say die I mean that both literally and spiritually. We must die to our flesh so that temptation has less and less of a hold on our soul. The more you resist the carnal man, the less likely you are to let him control you with his weaknesses of the flesh. The more you avoid the old bad habits the less they will haunt you.

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
James 4:7


There is good news! The closer you get to our Lord, the further you get from the enemy. It's just that simple. You can hide in the bosom of a father that will walk beside you when you need Him. And in many cases He will pick you up and carry you, when you no longer can stand. Dieing to the flesh and living for Christ is actually freedom.

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light
Matthew 11:29-30


True freedom, is living your God given roles as child of God, as a wife and mother.
It is when we can faithfully honor our greatest positions in life, that we draw near to Him. When we can turn away from the things of old and be birthed into a whole new spiritual being. I personally feel so free being a feminine wife to my husband. I feel protected by my husband's anointing. He is just what God sent to love, guide, and care for me. I have freedom giving up unnecessary control to him. I feel as if I can exhale for the first time in my life after becoming his wife. Raising children for His glory is an honor. I feel so blessed that the Lord has trusted me enough to hold such a high office of mom. They are not truly mine, but sent to me by Him, to glorify His name, until one day they return home to their savior. I sometimes stop and take a deep breath to just feel the flow of love, when I look at my children playing. Freedom comes from fulfilling what God has called you to do. When I step into my calling, I have no fear of the unknown. I know that when I go where I'm told by my God, I will always come out a victor against the devil.

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

3 comments:

johanna said...

thats such a lovely inspriring post

Muthering Heights said...

What a GREAT post!! I love that you address the issue of suffering (under attack), which we are promised to endure as Christians...but that we pass through with the help of our savior!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

With the bad economy and overall attacks of the enemy, I've felt it first hand. I knew other women of God have too. But I just wanted to comfort myself and others by keeping in mind we serve a "BIG" God that can do all things.