May 5, 2009

Get on with real life

I'm so guilty with spending most of my time on the internet. I've actually become annoyed at any interruptions of my internet time. I've come to realize that it's time for me to be a better homemaker for my family. I need to sacrifice for the sake of what God has entrusted me with. My little blessings and a wonderful husband.

I'll be limiting my time online to one or two hours a day, only after my housework is done, children are tucked away and my darling husband is having "his" time. I do well, but with all the countless hours I've wasted online, I could have done GREAT. Here is a post I wrote on precious time.I could be teaching my kids more advanced subjects, or extra activities, played more, listened more, hugged and kissed more, loved and cared for my husband more, tried new crafts or recipes, or learned a new skill to build up my home, etc. etc. It truly breaks my heart that anything has taken my main focus away from what's most important. For that I pray for forgiveness from my Lord. It is true that what I spend the most time doing, is what appears most important. May not be all together true in my case, but tell that to little ones wanting to play dress up, or a lonely husband.

I started Monday and will continue keeping a tight time blocked just for me to use on whatever I choose, internet, reading, crafting, etc... I will also pick one day a week to be unplugged. Then after time is up, it's back to what matters most. And that's building a home that invokes praise, worship, love and comfort.

Proverbs 31:27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
NubianGraphics.com



I thought this so was cute!! Hope you like it.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

8 comments:

Jennifer Sikora said...

I believe that all of us online mothers are going through the same thing right now. I posted about that earlier this week. I have decided to cut out Facebook and Twitter (my two huge time suckers!) so that I can still blog and be a good wife and mother!

Thanks for sharing your heart. God will bless your efforts to be the best wife and mother,

Melissa G said...

You're so right in this. I must admit that i spend too much time on line as well. Thanks for the good reminder of what's most important. I'm going to go hug my baby now! =)

Did you have a good birthday?

Leisha said...

Well - I wish I had no idea what you were talking about, but all too well I do understand and agree with you - it is too easy for time to get sucked away and it is time that cannot be given back to us. The one thing that I will say in defense of my time online is that it is spent in pursuit of ways to be the best wife and homeschooling mom I can be - I am gleaning and learning as I surf....still I do get a little water logged some days!! Thanks for being real ;-)
Blessings

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thanks so much for asking Melissa, I did have a great birthday. Leisha, I can relate to that, I too research alot for my home, cleaning, remedies, recipes...etc You are truly an inspiration Jennifer. You've given me a great idea to cut out some of my pages as well, so I wont be tempted to check them all. God is with us and we will get back to our real lives with Him leading us.

Mrs. Parunak said...

I followed the link you left on my post on At the Well today, and WOW can I relate to what you've written here! It's amazing how even seeking to encourage other women in being godly wives and mothers can distract us from being godly wives and mothers! I've had to get "tough" on myself, too. I allow myself to check e-mail ONCE before I start homeschooling for the day (hard for a blogger who's curious about comments!), and then it's NO computer until my children are having their afternoon quiet rest time.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Way to go Mrs. Parunak. That's what I'm on the verge of doing everyday. Waiting until the kids and my hubby are doing their stuff, so I can get some alone time with whatever I want to do for just an hour a day. Thanks for posting, I'm glad so many other women are going through what I am. FYI I'm at work so that's why I'm online, I have to be...lol

The Happy Housewife said...

That is awesome. The computer can be a huge time sucker! It sounds like you really have your priorities in order!
Toni

Dusty (To the Moon and Back) said...

I followed the link you left on At the Well to your blog. I can absolutely to relate to where you are. I am dealing with the same struggle and I have had so much guilt over it that I've decided to take action as well. I think I'm going to do something similar as you and just limit my time until after everyone is in bed and the chores are done, etc. It's so easy to get sucked in and not even realize the time that you've wasted! I found myself saying, "in a minute" to my children too much because they were "interrupting" my computer time. I became ashamed of myself, but no more. Good luck!