May 5, 2009

Get on with real life

I'm so guilty with spending most of my time on the internet. I've actually become annoyed at any interruptions of my internet time. I've come to realize that it's time for me to be a better homemaker for my family. I need to sacrifice for the sake of what God has entrusted me with. My little blessings and a wonderful husband.

I'll be limiting my time online to one or two hours a day, only after my housework is done, children are tucked away and my darling husband is having "his" time. I do well, but with all the countless hours I've wasted online, I could have done GREAT. Here is a post I wrote on precious time.I could be teaching my kids more advanced subjects, or extra activities, played more, listened more, hugged and kissed more, loved and cared for my husband more, tried new crafts or recipes, or learned a new skill to build up my home, etc. etc. It truly breaks my heart that anything has taken my main focus away from what's most important. For that I pray for forgiveness from my Lord. It is true that what I spend the most time doing, is what appears most important. May not be all together true in my case, but tell that to little ones wanting to play dress up, or a lonely husband.

I started Monday and will continue keeping a tight time blocked just for me to use on whatever I choose, internet, reading, crafting, etc... I will also pick one day a week to be unplugged. Then after time is up, it's back to what matters most. And that's building a home that invokes praise, worship, love and comfort.

Proverbs 31:27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
NubianGraphics.com



I thought this so was cute!! Hope you like it.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet
Post a Comment