September 21, 2009

autumn 4 less

Autumn is such a wonderful season! The beautiful colors and cozy weather. Not too cold and not too warm..just right. In our home, fall is a time of family togetherness. We spend more time being thankful for our many blessings and that we have each other. I just love doing crafts projects for the autumn season.

Here is my fall village from a thrift store $3.50...a cream cloth and leaves complete the look(the kids love it!)



Here is my autumn centerpiece. I crafted it from the dollar tree for around five dollars. (glass vase, flowers, wreath, pumpkins, & mini scarecrows)



This is where my copper pumpkins sit. The topiary leaves were also from the dollar tree and three dollars to complete the project with hot glue.



A $1 thrift store find embellished with dollar tree accents. All for under $10



Two .25 craft pumpkins replace my candles, simple and elegant.



Kid friendly light treatments. $2 for vine and mini jack o lanterns buckets.




Buffet cabinet with fall crafts galore. (all from dollar tree, except pine cones..free)



Of course it wouldn't be fall without the horn of plenty. (made from DT accents and thrift store finds)


It really doesn't take a lot to create a cute and creative home for autumn. To add that warm and cozy feeling, I get fall spiced candles from any dollar store to always have a sweet smells in our home. And baked goods also add a natural scent...lol I also cook plenty of soups, and stews during this time help get us in the winter mood. I hope you take the time to enjoy your family this autumn season. Happy Harvest!!
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

15 comments:

Embellished Bayou said...

Your wreath looks fabulous, too! Who knew the Dollar Store had such pretty fall accents, huh?!?

Roeshel said...

How pretty and festive! What great finds/deals!

Thanks for joining in on the Fall Festival! :)

Roeshel

Crystal said...

Wow you have so many great things. I love the wreath and the village.
-Crystal (Crystal's Craft Spot)

Sandra said...

I have the same Harvest Village! Cute ideas!

Sharon said...

Okay, I've been inspired! I don't have a lot of seasonal decorations, but I love Fall and I love the dollar store and your decorations look so beautiful, that I'm going to get busy decorating. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You have some very nice decorations. I like the pumpkin replacing idea. Neat!!!! I also really love your centerpiece.

Unknown said...

Loving your fall decor. Thank you for sharing your wonderful finds and creations. It just goes to show that you do not have to spend alot of money to have nice decorations.

Gail said...

You were very creative in your fall decor. I just love a good bargin find! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Gail

Divamom said...

I'm luvin' the decor!!! I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and I saw so many pretty fall decorations. We have a lot at my job too, but it's kinda pricey. Gotta pull out my stuff this weekend. I love your cornucopia (probably spelled wrong). Everything is so pretty! Makes me want to come visit and sit a spell!lol

Be Blessed!
~Chondra

Moore Minutes said...

I love the village! My boys would have so much fun with something like that. It looks like your home sweet home is all ready for fall. :)

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Lots of cute ideas!! I'll link to you next week on Dollar Store Crafts!

Carrie said...

Lots of cute, cute ideas! love the pumpkin instead of a candle!

Leanne said...

Thanks for visiting earlier. I love your village. I didn't even know they had Fall villages. Where have I been? Thanks for sharing all your Fall decor. I need to get all mine out, but it's been a busy week. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Great fall decor- love that oval wreath! I think I have one- now off to see if I can find it!

blessings
mary

The Do-it-All Mama said...

Great fall decor...love the prices!