September 14, 2009

HOT or COLD



I have been really doing some soul searching in myself and my spirit. I am reminded of the scripture of how God would rather you be hot or cold than lukewarm. I can definitely see where I haven't been hot in some areas of my life. I have a new fire that burns inside for Christ. I encourage each of you, who are like me and have found areas in your walk that are just lukewarm, to light that fire once again.

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Revelation 3:15-16


This is not a time to feel shame and hopeless, if you haven't lived perfect as Jesus did. Don't let the enemy beat you down with guilt. This is, however an opportunity for you to stand up and start today. Put off the old ways and be transformed. This may happen overnight, but if you're like me you may have to take it one step at a time.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2

I've started with a more consistent prayer time, just for me to get before Him in all His glory. Then, I want to spend time writing in my prayer journal, and bible study. I'm vowing to block off time just to be with my Lord and get all that he has more me spiritually. I have study with my husband, but alone time is so important to me at this stage in my walk also.

Creating an atmosphere of worship and praise in my home is always important. I've been blessed that my prayers have been answered and I have some time off from work to get my house in order. I will be working very hard to be the element that helps make my house a warm and nurturing place for my family.

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1

I pray that all wives, mothers and single ladies evaluate their walk and decide to become hot in Christ. What areas do you feel you wish to improve in?
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

4 comments:

Dr.John said...

Be careful. A great man once said to me the Holier you think you are the farther away from God you have become. When we are close to God our sin, our failures, our weaknesses are seen in His Light. We also feel his forgiveness pouring over us washing us clean.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

We all sin and fall short. But my quest is to be like Him and live my life as He would have me. Christ was not sinful and I long to be a woman after His own heart!! I do thank Him for forgiveness even when I do fall down. I have faith that He still loves me and that gives me the strength to get back up.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you...God is wanting so many people (I see this through other blogs I have been reading) to just get down to business and to have an overhaul on our spiritual life to have a fire that will flame for Him so that a little water can not put it out...God is getting us ready for something grand...we just have to take His lead and draw nigh to HIM...

Kimmy said...

So true! I too have found myself to be lukewarm at times. Thanks for the reminder to look deeper in our souls :O)

Have a wonderful weekend!