September 10, 2009

Feminine Friday

Hello to all the beautiful ladies who share feminine friday with me each week. This week I'll be sharing a modesty post. I hope you link up with your posts/pics on modesty as well. Click the button to read guidelines.




Modesty starts with your heart and spirit. I believe this is true that whatever is on the inside will manifest itself on the outside. Fruits of the spirit are shown from a woman who has a rightoues heart. She will not bare bad fruit in her appearance, walk, speech, etc..

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23



I've been on a quest to creating a new "me" in Christ. The lord has been really dealing with me concerning my way of dress. I dress like the average mom, but somehow I feel a calling to have a more modest, feminine way of dress. As of now I wear mainly jeans, and God has really been convicting me on this issue. Not that I have to wear all dresses, but creating a more lady-like appearance is where I'm headed. I know that my husband would love to see me in a more feminine way of dressing. He loves anything soft and flowing.

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 1Timothy 2:9

modest=
1. having or showing a moderate or humble estimate of one's merits, importance, etc.; free from vanity, egotism, boastfulness, or great pretensions.
2. free from ostentation or showy extravagance: a modest house.
3. having or showing regard for the decencies of behavior, speech, dress, etc.; decent: a modest neckline on a dress.
4. limited or moderate in amount, extent, etc.: a modest increase in salary.


I feel that modesty is a heart issue. What is God speaking into your heart? Has he called you to be a woman after His heart? Only the individual woman knows this answer for sure. I feel a strong pull toward a more Godly life in general. God has been dealing with me on my manner of speech, walk, character, attitude, etc.. I'm going through a complete transformation. I pray that anything that does not line up with the word of God be removed from my life and replaced with more virtue. I've come a long way in my life. but I want to go further in Him. I am on a constant journey to please my Lord. My life is already one of a Christian wife and mother, but I am always seeking to get closer to Him.

When I look in the mirror, I am starting to ask myself, Am I glorifying God with my appearance? This helps even with a throw-on-anything look as well. (I'm guilty of this in a rush.)I want to let my light shine wherever I go. Next, I will go through my closet this weekend and get rid of anything that looks frumpy, out of date, of too revealing, etc...I want to start over with a clean slate.

To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands,
that the word of God be not blasphemed."
Titus 2.4-5


discreet=
1. judicious in one's conduct or speech, esp. with regard to respecting privacy or maintaining silence about something of a delicate nature; prudent; circumspect.
2. showing prudence and circumspection; decorous: a discreet silence.
3. modestly unobtrusive; unostentatious: a discreet, finely wrought gold necklace.

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

1 comment:

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Well put. I don't have a problem with wearing revealing clothes; but, I do have several things that are rather frumpy.

Laura