June 5, 2009

Feminine Friday

Something beautiful has been stirring on the inside of me. I'm being lead by Christ to show my softer, more elegant side to the world as a show that modesty and femininity are still very much valued in our society. After researching my own heart, I was lead to start this meme dedicated  to feminine and modest dress. The holy spirit really started a work in me in just those few days that I couldn't help but bring other beautiful ladies on board. Click here for my week in feminine dress and to read about my inspiration.

Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
1 Peter 3:3-5






Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful idea!!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

i took that challenge too, and loved it...I find i wanted to keep it up, too!
I'm throwing a little blog party (stop by if you can) so I can't link up this friday, but I'll stop by and check everyone out!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I hope you do! I will visit your blog party and join in on the fun.

Muthering Heights said...

This sounds like a nice meme!

Unfortunately, I look like a big old blob these days, and since I'm so lat in my pregnancy, I don't have very many pretty, feminine looking clothes that still fit! LOL!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Awww but I bet you look beautiful and are just glowing! And you are bringing a life in this world so that's feminine enough.

Susan Godfrey said...

My first week in participating! This will be fun :)

Blessings!
Susan
http://homesteadmomma.com

Keri at Growing in His Glory said...

What a great challenge! Femininity isn't haled today as it should be, but our daughters need to be taught to value who they are and to dress modestly. I have two little girls, and my oldest who is almost 3, will only wear dresses with leggings underneath because she loves to twirl and watch her dress twirl around her. There's nothing more precious than a little girl delighting in her God-given femininity. Thank you for this challenge. I personally need to work on my own appearance; I know it will make me feel better. Blessings to you.