October 12, 2009

At the well...daughters

At the Well Blog Button


Hello everyone, I'm joining in on the discussion over At the well today. There were some questions about our daughters futures in their own lives and how we are preparing them. I hope you will also join in.


How do you encourage your daughters in their relationship with the Lord?
All of my girls are still young, ages 11, 9, 3, and 2. So, I try to keep our talks age appropriate. I always tell my daughters they can talk to Christ about anything. I promise them that He is always listening. I also tell them that He is their best friend, so feel free to talk to Him like one. I tell them that they are special daughters of His and that He will always love them, even when they mess up. He is faithful and will forgive them. I tell my girls that modesty starts on the inside and that it shows on the outside. They take part in Feminine Friday with me and know how important modesty is to us and to God.

How do you encourage them in areas of domestic service in your home?
I assign chores in the home, but we call them jobs. I tell my little ones that everyone in our family is important and we need all of us to pitch in to make the home run smooth. I also give them their own little aprons and they help me cook. My oldest has already learned a lot of dishes she can make herself and is washing some small loads of clothes now. This helps prepare them for building their own home with their family.



How do you encourage them in their future of loving their husbands and their own children, and also being content if marriage isn't in God's plan for them?
By leading by example. I can only hope that my little ones will continue the legacy that we have in our home, such as; family talk night, movie night, game night, etc...I try to create an atmosphere of praise and worship in my home that they may continue on in their own homes. I hope they can pray for whatever path that the Lord sends them whether it be marriage or not.

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
Proverbs 22:6

Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
Ephesians 6:4

Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,
Titus 2:4
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are doing a wonderful job! I can assure you that training your girls will be a wonderful blessing to you! Have you ever heard of the resource Polished Cornerstones from Doorposts? I have used that a lot in training up my daughters. Keep up the good work :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post, and you sound like you are doing everything rigt. What a great example you are to your children. WAY TO GO! thanks for your visit and comment too. God Bless, take care!

Kimberly said...

What awesome insight and wisdom you possess! May God Bless you as you continue walking with your heavenly daddy.