February 9, 2010

DIY hurricane glass


I was inspired over at 320 Sycamore to try her hurricane glasses. So, I took a trip over to my fav store dollar tree. (I'm addicted) and I got these for a dollar each $4 total...

I used glue and let set overnight...
 

here they are, but not finished yet...

  

add buttons and twine...



and there you have it...



this is where it will actually be in my home...



Did I mention before how much I "LOVE" dollar tree (smile)


DIY Day @ ASPTL
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

7 comments:

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

They look great! I have got to get over to the Dollar Store...

Danielle

Mary Ellen said...

I was juat at the Dollar Tree earlier this afternoon :)

Love your hurricanes! They turned out beautiful. I made two for my daughter's teachers at Christmas and filled them with Lindt truffles.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Mary Ellen
The Working Home Keeper

natalie said...

Wow, love it... looks great, and I like the price, too! :)

Unknown said...

Just Beautiful! You are so creative.

Expressions by Heather said...

Dollar Tree is a crafting Haven!

Please feel free to stop by the Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family link party, and add your weekly craft links!

It's found at theherberfamily.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

How cute, and so simple! I never would have even thought of it. They look great!!!

Delightful Dwelling said...

They came out great! I love how you decorated the candles too. Isn't Dollar Tree just wonderful?