March 25, 2010

copper spring decor

I got a couple of items from the dollar tree my last visit, but I wanted to make them pop.

I started with this cute bird and a bag of eggs


I spray painted everything copper

This is the final result!

For just $2 dollars spent at the dollar tree and copper spray paint, I have an unexpected spring display.

Making





Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

9 comments:

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

This is so cute! I have copper in my kitchen and den and never even thought about being able to paint things copper! You're a genius!

KimMalk said...

Cute - kinda of like the little birdie who laid copper eggs!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful décor! They sell similar pieces at home goods for ten times as much!
Blessings,
Kate

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, so super cute. Sooooooo, SUPER Cute!!!!

Jess @ Just a Blink said...

Very regal!

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

The copper is so different. Everyone has been doing those birds in white. Great idea!
Sarah

Sharon@Keen Inspirations said...

Beautiful! The copper is very elegant!

Sharon@Keeninspirations

Divamom said...

So cute! Where did you get your apothecary jar? They are so expensive most places.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

From a thrift store for $1. My whole collection is from different thrift stores.