May 19, 2010

updated sconces

I had these brass sconces forever and wanted to make them fit better in my home. I don't like to spend money replacing things, so I got to work refurbing them.

after a coat of paint

all wrapped in twine

just needs a little something extra

just a few embellishments

all done!!



Ta Da! Using stuff I already had, I was able to save money and make my home a little more inviting for my family. It always makes me feel good when friends and family feel at home when they are here.
Never underestimate the power of home decor.

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Valencia, I Looooooooooooove them, and they go perfect with the photo :)
Great Job.
Have any ideas on my brass candle sticks? My licing room and dining room has brown,tan,and beigh in it :)

Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Great job on the candle sticks! It is amazing what paint and other household items will do. They look great!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

You are so right Joy. Thanks for the compliment!!

Unknown said...

You done a great job!!