June 7, 2010

Steps to becoming a Christian Lady

I strive in my everyday walk to become a true christian lady. I have come up with just a few steps that will help me on my journey. This is just my own personal steps and can be tweaked to suit your personal walk.

1) Love and Fear the Lord - A christian lady loves the Lord with all. Her life reflects the love of her savior. Her actions are done out of fear of being outside of His will. She always thinks what does the Lord think of her, rather than what people think

2) Love yourself - I feel you can't give others what you don't have. Learn to give yourself time to rejuvenate and refresh, so that you will be able to give them the attention and love they deserve. Whatever makes you feel good, find time to indulge yourself, even for a few moments. Think how much Christ loved you that He died for you, even before you were born. So if He can love you that much, then you can always find some love for yourself.

3) Loves her home - This includes the home, husband and children. When I flourish in role that God has assigned for me, I feel I am truly following His will. I try to make a small change for the better in this area almost constantly. You can never be too good!


Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that...

Rose said...

I agree so much with all of these! The one I was struggling with is my home. I needed to get the inpiration to really make my home a clean and tidy place for my family. Especially having a home cookied dinner on the table when my husband comes home from work. It is so important but I found that if I struggled with getting dinner and the laundry done when I was angry at my husband. It was like getting back at him. I learned that I am doing everything for the Lord first and my husband 2nd. So even though i might have had an arguement with my husband I still was responsible to to my wifely duties. I also learned that if I put on some contemporary Christian music I felt so much more at peace! God bless,Rose

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Beautifully said Rose. I have to always keep that in mind. Music really does help too.