October 25, 2010

All things work....

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

The phrase "according to His purpose" is the one line that really speaks to me in this passage. It is a wake up call to remind me that things won't always work out for my purpose. I know I can sometimes get caught up in what I want for me or my family. But this reminds me that His will needs to be done for my life. 

All things will work out in the end, but only towards the glorification of Christ, not of you!
When faced with trials and tribulations, you just want it over with and I do too, so I can't blame you. But your attitude during the trial will determine how successful you will handle it. I tend to focus on positive things that will better my home or my family when I'm really being attacked by the devil. This keeps my mind focused on doing good in spite of a bad time in my life.

As long as I remind myself that I'm already blessed, just to be able to wake up, be in good health, have a sound mind, to be surrounded by loved ones, and have a place to lay me head. then things don't look so bad! So I encourage you to take inventory of what you do have and not dwell on the negatives. The devil is a liar!

Remember we are children of the most high God! 
All things will turn out for our good according to His purpose.
Many blessings to those of us, who are going through and
for those of us who have made it through.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

3 comments:

Prairiemaid said...

Excellent post!

Thank you,
Cheryl

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thank you! It was something that has been in my spirit for a while that needed to get out.

Eve said...

Love this post, I appriciate each and every word.

It's often all to easy to get caught up in one's own purposes, for this or that. But God rules over it all, and His purposes are glorious.
Thank you for this lovely post.