September 21, 2010

front porch redo

I was sooo busy for the summer that I had little time to actually finish any of my summer projects. But I did get this one done just before fall set in. I finally in early September got around to a small upgrade on my front porch using only what I had on hand.

this is what I started with, pretty blah

here is a far off shot

I had some screen laying around, 
so I added them to the bottom rails
then added old curtains from the top

then I added a kissing ball

here it is hung on my lamp

a side table redo added and
my little one clearing away the dust

I'm done, sorry we're done!

far off shot..all done!

Just using what I already had, 
we created a cozy spot for us to relax
for the cool weather in the fall.

beyond the picket fence
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cozy, Valencia.

Amy said...

I LOVE the use of the curtains! What a great idea, I have never seen anything like that and it looks so elegant. LOVE it!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thank you! It feels very elegant and cozy, esp for morning coffee or lunch on those cool fall days.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful porch.