September 8, 2009

Jon and Kate plus eight


I just watched the interview with Jon Gosselin. I feel so sorry for any family that has to endure divorce. The children are especially vulnerable and hurt right now. I can only imagine that this whole ordeal has caused them great pain. Fame at any cost is never a good thing.

The one thing that really stuck out was when Jon said he loved his new girlfriend more than Kate. Private matters are just that private. They both saw that their marriage fell under the public eye. Why continue down this destructive path? The children and their well being need to come first. They need time to heal and grasp what has happened to their family. The last thing they need to hear or read is that dad doesn't love mom anymore. That is just too sad. They will have a constant reminder that their world has been crushed, why not soften the blow. I would have liked to see them not add fuel to the fire by broadcasting hate over the media.

I will continue to pray for this family and hope they can start putting the childrens lives first and find some happiness that they once had before all the glitz, glamour and gossip!
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

4 comments:

Melissa G said...

I know, this whole situation makes me feel so sad for them! I just wish they could be a family without all the attention.

Jenny said...

I totally agree with you. It's sad that both of them are talking about their private matters in public. All of these things the children, if they haven't already, will hear and read soon. How sad :(

TonyR said...

I totally agree. My heart breaks over what they are doing to each other and more importantly their children - they are the ones who will pay the highest price.

Kara said...

It breaks my heart too. I used to like to watch the show "way back when" but it had become so far removed from a normal life that I quit. I liked it when the shows were about how they were organizing the house to fit everyone, grocery shop, etc. I never did like how Kate treated Jon, but I must say I am terribly disappointed in him now too. The whole thing is just a huge mess and they need to just get OUT of the spotlight and spare those poor kids any more pain than they are already having to deal with. Ugh.