November 3, 2009

repurpose frame

I've had this broken frame that fell off the wall...ouch. I really liked the details in it and I kept the print to reframe later. But "waste not want not me" found another use for one of the sides. I decided it would make a really cute towel rack.

Here is what I started with...


I screwed in some cup hooks...


This is it on the wall...


Add little details and ...


A towel rack that is not only functional and cute, but cheap. I already had everything in my home so this was actually free for me.

DIY Day @ ASPTL
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

The House Creative said...

Good idea. I would have just tossed it.. now I will have to rethink a broken frame. :) Love that you were able to find a use for this. Thanks for sharing!

Muthering Heights said...

What a great way to reuse it!! Very creative!

Carolyn said...

Wow, that is such an original idea! Love it

Kristen, pajama mama said...

great idea, V!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!