January 11, 2010

New look for home items

I've been organizing my home. I've taken containers that look not so nice and replaced them with pretty ones. Just another small way of having a heart for my home.
(I started with these)



(and ended with these $1 jars from the dollar tree)



(the old dish liquid bottle)



(looks so much better on my sink)


With just a little thought, you can turn anything into something pretty to help make your home look nice. And BTW I hardly throw things out. So, I usually reuse old plastic containers for other things, that are not out in the open. Click here for example.



DIY Day @ ASPTL
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a good job. Love those $1 jars. I just pulled out the cookie jar and sugar jar to fill up since Christmas Decor is down,

Embellished Bayou said...

Great ideas! Now those boring everyday items look like fancy gourmet items!

Unknown said...

You always have such great ideas. I really like to jars you used.

Unknown said...

Love that. Sometimes the smallest things make life seem more luxurious :)

Anonymous said...

I've been going to put my dish soap in a bottle forever, just never got around to it.

Lianna Knight said...

SO true! Both ideas are GREAT!

You can see my DIY project here...
http://bethouaknight.blogspot.com/2010/01/liannas-labels-debut-and-giveaway.html

Daisha said...

I love the idea of putting the coffee, creamer & sugar in containers such as the ones you have. I don't drink coffee but my husband does. He always seem to be rummaging through the pantry looking for these items. I think I will set up a little (vending) station like yours next to his coffee maker. Thanks so much...will be stopping at the Dollar Tree today to see what sort of selection we have!