April 8, 2010

spring door cans

I've been busy building my house over the past few weeks. This has included making my home look nice and inviting for my family as well as others. Spring cleaning is done, so now on to making things look pretty!  I found the cutest idea for my front door that just screams "spring is here!" The best thing about this project is that it's very inexpensive to make. I saw these over at Creations from my heart and made my own version. I'm so impressed at how well they turned out!!

my dollar tree supplies, plus free cans

I start with scrapbook paper

then add ribbons
I looped my ribbon inside the can and added a button, 
because I was trying to work with what I had

This is the final product!
I love the little blue butterfly on top.
Here's how they look on the front door!

closer...

closest...

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. You did awesome.

Creations from my heart said...

You did a great Job! They came out wonderful. Next week I am going to be doing a tutorial over at "It's So Very Cheri" about the Door cans. Pop on over. I will be posting about it. I'm so glad you were able to make these from my instructions.
Blessings...Sherry

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

How fun! Perfect for Spring!

Cindy Golden said...

Beautiful. Tx so much for the tweet. Wouldn't these be awesome for a Mother's day project at a Nursing home?? Hmmmm.. I may have you do a guest post in May on my new blog and give instructions for this?? Then I'll do an instruction sheet for it and give you credit?....what do you think?

Cindy
www.simpleactsoflove.blogspot.com

Marisa said...

Such a beautiful arrangement. I found you on Someday Crafts and I am a new follower. Come by and visit.