July 26, 2010

His role/Her role

God has a well laid out plan for marriages through His word in scripture. He is such an awesome father that He gives us a complete and accurate guide as to how to live as husband and wife. One of the most important element that I personally bring into my home is the roles that God has laid out for both husbands and wives. I have found that when I approach my marriage from "His" way, instead of "my" way, we tend to have a happy, harmonious relationship. I let my husband be the leader that God ordained him to be and I'm his rib that supports him at all times. As his rib, much like the function of a physical one, I support and protect him.

He knows that he can go out into the world and come home to a place of peace, where all is well. By providing this place of comfort, I can now ensure that he has all he needs to fulfill his roles that God has given him. His instruction does not come from me, but from above. I simply provide the ingredients by simply fulfilling my role to enable him to do his. For example, he works better, when he has a good lunch to take with him and a hot cup of coffee to send him out on his day. He leaves home with a smile to go out and do hard work on the wings of my prayers. And he can get up each day to go do it all over again, when he knows he will be greeted with a hot meal, warm bath, and the love of his wife each day.

Operating in my role can greatly influence the way he operates in his. I've learned this valuable lesson and now, not only flourish in what God has called me to be, but I'm an encourager to my husband in the process.

To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.Titas 2:5

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.Proverbs14:1

Proverbs 31

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.Ephesians 5:22

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Ephesians 5:25-28

Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.Colossians 3:19

Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered. 1Peter3:7

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

8 comments:

Melissa G said...

It's lovely to see women like yourself sharing these truths from scripture with the world. We don't hear them often enough.

Nanny Ree said...

Amen yet another great post Marie x

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Beautiful post! What a sweet haven you have made for your hubby. You are an excellent example to others!
Much Love,
Courtney

Brittany said...

Blessings on your marriage! Keep on following his lead. :)

Brittany @ The High-Heeled Housewife

Unknown said...

What a blessing that I found your blog.

Larissa said...

Stopping by from the Women Living Well Link up. Beautiful post!!!

Eve said...

Hello there,
I really enjoyed reading this post His Role/Her Role. You stated what was right, and backed it up with Scripture. Marriage is a special thing, and outside of God it can't truly be appreciated the way God intended it to be.

I found you from Glow Academy, and am glad I did.

I've recently done a post called Disrespect your husband club, touching on a similar topic. I would be thankful if you'd read it too :D

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thanks for stopping by Eve, I will go read it now.