November 10, 2010

reusable coffee filter

Since hubs is a huge coffee drinker, I thought I'd try to cut cost by creating a reusable coffee filter. I found the idea online and decided to make my own cheaper version.

 
piece of felt

cut a round disc shape
add to coffee pot

I'm not sure how many uses I'll get, but it does help on eliminating waste! 
Plus I save on buying more filters because I can wash and reuse.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

what a great idea! Thanks for the tips!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

You're very welcome. Anything to help reduce waste.

À LA MODEST said...

Great tip! I might have to try this out sometime! I like that you are outspoken about your faith as seen in your header :) Blessings and thanks for commenting on my blog!

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting on my necklace!

I have a reusable coffe filter that I bought; it's metal and cone shaped, maybe that's something you could look into? I got it at BB&B

Melissa G said...

Good idea! I'm going to do this too!