February 15, 2011

apron from jeans

I'm all about reusing and making things with stuff I own.
So when I saw this tute, I knew it would be perfect for me.
Mainly because it's free!

 I cut the leg out of an old pair of jeans

 I cut my version down the seam on the side

 then using an apron as a guide, I cut out this shape

 I trimmed it in fabric

 added a belt and neck piece

 a pocket

and voila....a jean apron!!

Texas Monkey 
MTWC 
BTPF 
Show & Tell
DWYH
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

WobiSobi said...

I love this. and I love aprons Great job!!

Treasures from a shoebox said...

"Sew" cute! We have lots of denim around here, as one daughter collects old jeans to weave into rugs on her loom. We're gonna have to make some of these. Thanks for sharing!

Debbie said...

Nice Job! This is a great idea.

Joy said...

Love that! It's very cute! :)

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Very cute and durable. I just showed it to my daughter and her friend, said we'd make one soon! Thanks so much for linking up to Beyond the Picket Fence.