February 7, 2011

DIY hanging votives

I've been wanting to add some ambient lights to my kitchen
but, I didn't want to spend any money for it.
So, I got to work creating something for FREE!

all I needed was twine and votives

 cut the twine to desired length

 wrap securely around votive

 here we go, ready to be hung

 all done...

 another angle

 Now for the flickering glow of candlelight!!

another angle...

Ambient lighting for FREE...
This was so easy to do, but created a big impact!
HEre is what I did pay when I first got these items:
twine $1, votives .25

JSIWU
MMM
BTPF 

Visit thecsiproject.com
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Valencia,

This is surely a creative idea. However, I would be afraid to light the voltive candles next to the curtains. I would be afraid of the curtains catching on fire, ha! :)

-Lady Rose

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Well the flame is beneath the glass votive and its a foot away from the curtain...whewwwww So glad its not going cause a fire...LOL

Lauren @ 31diy said...

Wow, you are so creative! I love the votives.

Anonymous said...

V can you show please how you tied the twine around one...