May 2, 2011

keyboard jewelry

I found a keyboard on the side of the road and decided to do some fun stuff with it!!
First I cleaned it up and then got to work on some techy jewelry.

supplies: wire, ring and keyboard

Ctrl, Alt, Delete necklace!

Because I love all things home...hence the blog name(smile)
This home keyboard ring is perfect!

MTWC 
DIY Home Sweet Home 
WGW
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thas cool Val
I wonder what home would look like with tiny pearls around it :)

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

This is SUCH a great idea! How many of us have old keyboards around the house!? I love what you did with the beads -- fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Do you have pictures of the back of the keys -- how did you attach the wire, etc. to them?

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I left the keys completely intact and wrapped the wire around the backs stems to make the necklace. The ring I cut the stems off the back and then glued home to the ring.

~L~ said...

aww im loving these and i want that "control, alt, delete" necklace.... now searching for one of my old keyboards :-)

Thanks for linking up to my MAY DIY Calendar.

~L~