April 16, 2009

Home Management Binder

Having a mega family takes a lot of organization. One thing that has saved my sanity is my household binder. This binder is GREAT! It can hold as much or as little information that I need. I can keep up with all the many, many things that it takes to run a house full of nine people, including two babies.

To make your own binder let's take it one step at a time:

Step 1: Buy a three ring binder, paper, three ring pencil pouch, hole puncher, pens, and page protectors or dividers. Gather what you want to decorate it with. Since you'll be using it A LOT, make it personal and decorative.

Step 2:Start labeling each section to what you need to organize your home and family. Remember this is to help you, so make as many sections as you see fit. You can decorate each section page. I used stationary and added pictures. But you can use photos, clippings, fabric etc...I also have Proverbs 14:1 below our family photo on front of my binder, Proverbs 31:10-31 on back.

Step 3:Now it's time to fill each section with what you'll need to keep your family organized. I use several printouts from websites, that make it easier to organize. I also used microsoft word and publisher for spreadsheets, calendars, etc..


The cover


Sections in my binder

Schedules: This is the place in my binder, where I keep my monthly calendar, appts, Frequently called numbers, birthdays and anniversaries, my daily schedule, etc....




Finances: This is the place where all of my money management is placed. I have a family wish list of big items for our home, To do list of repair items, movies to buy list, a list of our bills with account and phone numbers,mortgage payment record, monthly bill info, etc....




Cleaning: I have in this section, elements of clean weekly, monthly, 3-6 months, 1 year. Homemade cleaning products (see blog for list), cleaning supply list, daily cleaning schedule, etc....




Meals: I keep all recipes, 3 week meal planner, grocery list, etc...




Health & Fitness: I keep a log of my Blood Pressure, exercise program, weight log, medical remedies, health insurance info, etc...




Children: I have a awards chart, a chore chart, their schedule, weekly assignments for homework sheet, teaching aide items, school lists, fun activities etc...




Inspirational: I keep all uplifting articles, pages, scriptures, stories, 30 day prayer list, personal bible study, etc....








DIY/Crafts: printouts of ideas, future projects, magazine photos to copy, written DIY instructions, holiday crafts, etc...


Zipper pouch:pens, highlighters, calculator, sticky notes, etc...



Everybody's binder is unique. To see more pictures of others women binders, check out Keeping The Home's list in her sidebar for more. Candy was such an inspiration for me to start my home management binder. I hope you enjoyed my Buildeth Her Home's binder.

Join us in Homemaking Link-Up or get more ideas!!
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

12 comments:

Sarah Mae said...

This is great - I am going to copy this - thank you!

By the way, don't forget to link back to my blog...you know, for the linky love and all! :)

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I will..Thanks!!

thekreativelife said...

Okay . . . this is BEYOND wonderful! Thanks so much for all the tips and ideas for the binder. I'll be putting one of these together, as soon as I possibly can!

Thank you so much and God Bless you dearly!

Agenda ibu rumah tangga said...

I do love and enjoy your HMB tour..

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

I LOVE this!!!! Thank you for sharing it and I love the pink and black colors - SO cute!!

I just bought a binder, tabs etc about 3 weeks ago and was hoping to make one of these. Then life happened and I haven't done it yet. But with the start of the school year I hope to pull it together! Thanks for some inspiration! I love it!
Courtney

Toni said...

I saw a "Control journal" over at Flylady and have desired (but procrastinated) to make one since. Thanks for reminding me how necessary it is that I take this project head on.
Blessings,
Toni

Langdons said...

Hi Valencia,
I was visiting your blog link from Women Living Well. I had a roommate for 1 semester at LSU named Valencia. I noticed you were from Louisiana too. Could it have been you?
Daphne

Rosilind Jukic said...

I have so just met my other "me". I L.O.V.E. to organize....and this is such an awesome idea, that I am going to make me a binder like this - and then I'm going to link to your blog when I share about it!! I have lots of friends who would LOVE to do something like this. We all just needed your super-creative inspiration!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Thank you so much for the love!!!

♥ my diary♥ said...

nice post thanks for sharing...blessings

Anonymous said...

Val,can you e-mail me some of the title pages like Schedules ETC, I can change the boarder. I am going to try my hand at this :)

Judith said...

This was so helpful. My Household Binder has become rather a mess!!