October 24, 2011

homemade deodorant

I have a pretty big family and things like deodorant are always in demand! 
We can never have too much of it and I happened to find many recipes for saving money 
by making my own for my family. 
Here it is step by step.

 gather ingredients: corn starch, coconut oil, and baking soda
optional: essential oil(vanilla)

mix ingredients together:
1/4 c. baking soda
1/4 c. cornstarch or arrowroot powder
5 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 tsp essential oil

old deodorant container

just fill with ingredients
the smell is awesome!!

this is softer than store bought
you may use a jar to rub on if it works better

Here it is all done! 

After using it for 2 months, I'm glad to report that this really does work!! And I can say that the smell is super sweet. Especially for someone who sweats a lot like me...TMI...I know. But it is definitely worth a try.

Craft O Maniac
Motivate Me Monday
Making the World Cuter
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet
Post a Comment