February 22, 2010

upgrade spice containers

I love taking ordinary house hold containers and replacing then with better looking ones in my home. Here is an example in a previous post. This is what I started with...

 

This is what I decided to do to make it prettier. I got the salt and pepper shakers for 10 cents at a thrift store. The grapes glass jar is from a broken set of three. I love how much better it looks.







DIY Day @ ASPTL




Kindly Bookmark this Post using your Favorite Bookmarking Service.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit Add To Facebook Add To Yahoo Tweet

2 comments:

Linda said...

So clever Valencia...I love the glass jar...it's shape is neat and I like the pretty grapes on it too.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

q-bella said...

I came across your blog through the comment you left on mine. I am so glad that I did find your blog...I love it! You seem like suc a sweet Wife, and Mother. I love that there is a place in this world where we can talk about God, prayer, and even modesty. Keep up the great work. It is no wonder you and your family look so happy.